I know many of you have been waiting for an update on Seth. I had been waiting until the Vigabatrin/Sabril had been in his system for a full week before choosing to update. To recap from previous posts, Seth had been placed on Vigabatrin to help lessen his seizures. The neurologist had told us that he could become seizure free as soon as 24 hours after beginning the new medicine.
Josh and I are VERY pleased to announce that Seth has been seizure free since Wednesday, July 30th! The Vigabatrin definitely seems to be working. We will go in to a pediatric eye specialist on Monday to check on his peripheral vision. These visits will continue every three months.
Seth has now started attempting to stand from a sitting position without pulling up on anything. He isn't successful yet, but he's getting close. He looks quite funny hopping on his bottom repeatedly in a failed attempt to stand! I've been told that he reminds many of Tigger when he does this. Josh and I are loving watching him grow and learn new skills!
The ACTH has finally given Seth a "moon face". I'm not used to seeing so much roundness to my little boy's face. It's going to take some getting used to on my part!
Pray that Seth's eye appointment is uneventful. We are hopeful that the new medicine does not end up affecting his vision. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and concern!
No comments:
Post a Comment