Seth has now received five shots in all. The process has not gotten any easier with time. It still feels like my heart is being broken into millions of pieces when the needle goes through his fragile skin. He handles it like a true champion - with a few tears and a brave, sniffling smile.
The first two full days after being given the shot were hard on Josh and myself. Seth not only had more episodes each day, but each one also seemed to be growing stronger. After one particularly nasty episode (46 seizures in a six minute period), I panicked and asked the doctor if this was normal. I was told that it would take a few days before the medicine would start working. I remember thinking, "I'm supposed to just sit back and knowingly do NOTHING as my child seizes?! Are you insane?!"
But slowly, the medicine began to work. By Thursday, Seth had only experienced six seizures. It was a far cry from the nine seizures he endured on Wednesday. By Friday, only three seizures occurred within his tiny body.
Then we got a small glimpse of our own personal heaven. On Saturday, June 14, Seth remained seizure free for an entire 24 hours. It felt too good to be true. I was afraid to utter this observation aloud. What if the seizures returned full force? When I finally dared to whisper it to Josh, we had a small celebration with Seth and braced ourselves for a relapse.
As if Saturday's events weren't wonderful enough, we were somehow blessed with another seizure free day. I am proud to say that Seth has been seizure free for 56 hours now! Josh and I are holding our breath in anticipation of what tomorrow will bring, but we are finally (and cautiously) optimistic about his progress.
God is so good! We owe it all to Him for carrying us through this. He is amazing!

God is wonderful! Prayers do work! I love the way Seth is smiling...as if to say "Look, I am doing better!" Will keep your family in our prayers. God bless!
ReplyDelete